We have a range of curing instruments at SCC including 3 Autoclaves for curing high quality components and moulds. And we have a long-standing reputation for producing high quality composite components with both open or closed mould processes. Our Autoclaves boast full profiling control and traceability of vacuum, temperature & pressure, as required by our aerospace clients. Full reports of the curing process are recorded with every single cure cycle and can be generated on request to show conformance to your exact requirements.
Our team have experience with an incredibly diverse range of materials and processes, including the use of lightweight cores such as Rohacell, 3D printed mandrels and temperature sensitive materials such as Dyneema. We understand the limits of those materials and tailor our process to find the right combination of temperature, pressure and time to achieve the best quality component; if the client should wish to use our recommendations.
- [Autoclave NO.1] Ø1327mm X L3095mm (internal dimensions), 8 bar working pressure, 180°C maximum temperature. Full profiling control of vacuum, temperature & pressure, with traceability & reporting.
- [Autoclave NO.2] Ø1019mm X L1897mm (same as above)
- [Autoclave NO.3] Ø455mm X 810mm (same as above)
- [Genlab Oven NO.1] W1497mm X H1271mm X L1400 with vacuum and cure programming capability and a maximum temperature of 300°C.
- [R&D Oven NO.2] W600mm X H800mm X L600mm up to 300°C.
- [R&D Oven NO.3] W480mm X H601mm X L400mm up to 300°C.
- [R&D Oven NO.4] W447mm X H450mm X L450mm up to 300°C.
- [R&D Oven NO.5] W400mm X H400mm X L327mm up to 300°C.