- On January 16, 2019
- Fully aerospace approved custom carbon fibre sheet material for safety and performance critical components that need AS9100 compliance.
- We manufacture sheet to exact length, width, thickness, carbon fibre and resin grade.
- Our manufacturing process offer full traceability from start to finish.
- If you’d like to get some custom or standard carbon fibre sheet made to an AS9100 accredited quality management standard click here to get in contact and we’ll be happy to help.
South Coast Composites (SCC) is an AS9100 accredited manufacture of carbon fibre component for aerospace and formula one applications that are safety and performance critical.
SCC now offers the ability for customers to create their own AS9100 accredited composite / carbon fibre sheet material to order. Manufactured in the United Kingdom, by composite engineers with decades of experience in both the formula one and aerospace industry, we are renowned for producing parts with low-lead times, to the highest conformance possible.
The majority of our projects demand the use of some of the more extreme processes and materials in composites. And so, we have a lot of experience with pre-preg material due to the incredibly even spread of resin across the material, consistent fibre/weight ratio and weave pattern. 95% of the products we manufacture are cured at high pressure often 7+ bar in an autoclave to achieved the highest levels of consolidation and reduce microbubbles and voids between the layers of material. These factors together lend themselves to a more predictable and consistent final result. This is especially important for those safety and performance critical products that have had a considerable amount of investment put into their design.
Service options. You can:
– Provide your own material, choose from our stock or custom specify a material, selecting filament type, weave and resin type.
– Specify an A-surface on one side or both.
– Provide a laminating manual with the exact layer by layer construction, de-bulking schedule and curing profiles if different from the manufacturer’s recommendations.
– Specify a polished or unpolished finish.
What you can Guarantee
When you contract us to manufacture something for you, you can guarantee that from start to finish, you product will be made with the exact material you specified, laminated in the exact orientations with highly skilled workers, and cured to the exact temperature profiles needed with our fully calibrated autoclave and highest level quality management system available.
We have a trim and assembly shop on site with a diamond blade bandsaw and pneumatic hand tools for trimming complex shapes, designs and further fabrication of the material by hand. Alternatively, we have CNC partners that we work with who can machine the material to your exact requirements. Or the material can just be ordered as flat stock.
Our manufacturing process offers full traceability:
…from the supply of materials.
…to following the lamination manual layer by layer.
…to debulking at the scheduled intervals.
…to ensuring the final vacuum bag has been check for pressure leaks before taking it to the autoclave ready to be cured.
…to ensuring that the curing profile it set to the correct setting for the materials being cured.
…to ensuring that the autoclave is calibrated and that the calibration certificate is valid.
…to demoulding the component at the correct temperature.
…to trimming and cutting the material.
…to inspecting the component to ensure it conforms to all of the customer’s requirements.
Find Out More…
If you’d like to get some custom or standard carbon fibre sheet made to an AS9100 accredited quality management standard click here to get in contact and we’ll be happy to help you.